Saturday, August 16, 2008

Trip to China


This is the first (of various?) posts about my trip to China with Amber. First of all, let me tell you: it was amazing! I loved it there, we had such a good time, we saw so many things -- I hope that I can explain to you some of the things we experienced and learned in our 3 week trip.


We started off from Tokyo in late July and took the train west to Osaka. From Kobe, near Osaka, we took a ship that delivered us, 48 hours later, to Tianjin, about 2 hours from Beijing.


This is how much money we brought with us to start. About ¥100,000 worth of Chinese Yuan (about $1000). It ended up lasting us much longer than expected. China was so wonderfully cheap: we could eat what we wanted, take taxis, take people out, and stay in hotels for almost nothing.

No comments: